Otravinscape
Please read the rules before registering.
Otravinscape
Please read the rules before registering.
Otravinscape
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Otravinscape forums

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Otravinscape!
Latest topics
» first clan? ~~~~~~~~~~The Elite 10~~~~~~~~~~
Skillcapes and Dark Bow and Other Shtuff EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 3:45 pm by Fridder

» New server!!
Skillcapes and Dark Bow and Other Shtuff EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 4:25 pm by asd 513

» Things that could use fixing
Skillcapes and Dark Bow and Other Shtuff EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 12:45 am by ColonelGentlemen

» !!!New Server!!!:D
Skillcapes and Dark Bow and Other Shtuff EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 12:08 am by ColonelGentlemen

» If Anyone Still Comes On The Forums
Skillcapes and Dark Bow and Other Shtuff EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 1:56 pm by Kamorox

» i cant log in
Skillcapes and Dark Bow and Other Shtuff EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 4:10 am by frizna

» runescape stats
Skillcapes and Dark Bow and Other Shtuff EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 12:08 pm by ak61101

» !??Offline??!
Skillcapes and Dark Bow and Other Shtuff EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 3:41 am by choco96

» i too has picture of myself!
Skillcapes and Dark Bow and Other Shtuff EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 7:10 pm by pray my but

Staff List
-- Skillcapes and Dark Bow and Other Shtuff Scaledphp Kamorox Skillcapes and Dark Bow and Other Shtuff Coowner Robert -- Skillcapes and Dark Bow and Other Shtuff Mod_icons3 Demon Skillcapes and Dark Bow and Other Shtuff Mod_icons3 Carebears Skillcapes and Dark Bow and Other Shtuff Modcrown Orion Skillcapes and Dark Bow and Other Shtuff Modcrown BaWbDaBiLdEr Skillcapes and Dark Bow and Other Shtuff Modcrown Rura66

Skillcapes and Dark Bow and Other Shtuff

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Randomin

Randomin

Skillcapes and Dark Bow and Other Shtuff Empty
PostSubject: Skillcapes and Dark Bow and Other Shtuff   Skillcapes and Dark Bow and Other Shtuff EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 6:49 pm

1. Skillcapes

I think the Ranged skillcape needs a makeover. All it does is a little shining with a floating arrow... The mage skillcape is 200 times better than it, it's so awesome! So, I demand a makeover on the Ranged skillcape!

2. Dark Bow vs. Magic Bow (Short)

I think the dark bow needs a major revamp.

Pros of dark bow

So far with 99 ranged I max out at 33 with the dark bow.
It double hits every time.
The special attack works and looks awesome!

Cons of dark bow

The special attack, if at all, barely increases the chance of the attack landing and how high it will hit.
Hits above 20 are uncommon and above 30 are almost non-existent (I've only hit above a 30 twice).
The bow is VERY unpredictable and VERY inconsistent.
The only consistency of the bow is hitting 0s.
A lack of monsters to drop it.
At least 1 out of every 2 attacks hit a 0.

Pros of magic bow (short)

Individual attacks are faster than the dark bow.
The special attack works.
It is a VERY consistent bow, usually hitting in the teens.
This also makes it VERY predictable.
VERY easy-to-get bow, nothing that I know of drops it but it's available pretty cheaply in the archery store.

Cons of magic bow (short)

The special attack needs a graphic upgrade and, if at all, barely increases the chance to land a hit or to hit higher.
So far at 99 Ranged I max out at 20 with the bow, and for being the 2nd highest hitting bow that's terrible.

2. Ranged vs. Melee

Pros of Ranged

Hits faster than a lot of melee weapons.
You can attack players from a distance with ranged.

Cons of Ranged

A lack of high-hitting bows and a lack of attainable crossbows.
Good quality arrows are expensive, and do not greatly increase the max hit, if at all.
Becoming a level 110 so you can shout is barely possible if possible at all.
(at 99 Ranged, 99 Hp, 85 Prayer, and 70 Defence, I was in the upper 90s in my combat level)

Pros of melee

A VERY wide variety of different weapons, most having working special attacks.
VERY high-hitting weapons, such as godswords.
Using melee, becoming level 110 so you can shout is quite easy.

Cons of melee

You cannot attack players from a distance.
Back to top Go down

Skillcapes and Dark Bow and Other Shtuff
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Otravinscape :: Server Info :: In-game suggestions-
Jump to: